(Xem từ này trên từ điển Anh Việt)
of the color of pure snow, of the margins of this page, etc.; reflecting nearly all the rays of sunlight or a similar light.
light or comparatively light in color.
(of human beings) marked by slight pigmentation of the skin, as of many Caucasoids.
for, limited to, or predominantly made up of persons whose racial heritage is Caucasian
pallid or pale, as from fear or other strong emotion
silvery, gray, or hoary
lacking color; transparent.
blank, as an unoccupied space in printed matter
Armor . composed entirely of polished steel plates without fabric or other covering; alwite.
wearing white clothing
Slang . decent, honorable, or dependable
auspicious or fortunate.
morally pure; innocent.
without malice; harmless
(of wines) light-colored or yellowish, as opposed to red.
British . (of coffee) containing milk.
a color without hue at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to black. A white surface reflects light of all hues completely and diffusely. Most so-called whites are very light grays
- fresh snow, for example, reflects about 80 percent of the incident light, but to be strictly white, snow would have to reflect 100 percent of the incident light. It is the ultimate limit of a series of shades of any color.
a hue completely desaturated by admixture with white, the highest value possible.
quality or state of being white.
lightness of skin pigment.
a person whose racial heritage is Caucasian.
a white material or substance.
the white part of something.
Biology . a pellucid viscous fluid that surrounds the yolk of an egg; albumen.
the white part of the eyeball
- white or nearly white clothing.
- top-grade white flour.
a type or breed that is white in color.
Usually, whites. a blank space in printing.
( initial capital letter ) a hog of any of several breeds having a white coat, as a Chester White.
Entomology . any of several white-winged butterflies of the family Pieridae, as the common cabbage butterflies.
- the outermost ring of the butt.
- an arrow that hits this portion of the butt.
- the central part of the butt or target, formerly painted white but now painted gold or yellow.
- Archaic . a target painted white.
Chess, Checkers . the men or pieces that are light-colored.
( often initial capital letter ) a member of a royalist, conservative, or reactionary political party.
Verb (used with object)
- to make white by leaving blank spaces (often fol. by out ).
- to whiten (areas of artwork) in retouching preparatory to photoengraving (often fol. by out ).
Archaic . to make white; whiten. ?
- to cover (errors in copy) with a white correction fluid.
- to censor, as by obliterating words or passages with white ink. ?
- Informal . to be or cause to be deprived of all one's resources
- Dishonesty is bleeding the union white.
in the white, in an unfinished state or condition
- as furniture wood that has not been stained or varnished.
- achromatic , achromic , alabaster , ashen , blanched , bleached , bloodless , chalky , clear , fair , frosted , ghastly , hoary , immaculate , ivory , light , milky , neutral , pallid , pasty , pearly , silver , silvery , snowy , transparent , wan , waxen , albescent , albino , albumen , ashy , blank , candent , candescent , canescent , caucasian , clean , color , colorless , etiolate , etiolated , grayed , hoar , impassioned , innocent , marmoreal , pale , palliate , pure , spotless
Từ cùng thể loại
Tìm trong Cộng đồng hỏi đáp
NHưa PET G khác nhựa pet là gì
Các bạn cho mình hỏi từ ROLLOVERS trong câu này dịch là gì: "A producer announced their resin prices in September to the domestic market with rollovers from August at $1300/ton". Tks.
"bookkeeping-clearance transactions" đây là giao dịch gì vậy các bác?
We often hold on to the concept of time – time is running out, the hours and days seem to pass far too quickly. We live our lives around time commitments and everything needs to be done by this or that time. Try to let go of the need to complete tasks, activities or goals in a specific time limit đoạn này dịch tn vậy a?
So what happened? Is the world more happy now than it was when we led more simple lives? Has the introduction of consumerism really increased our mental well-being?mấy câu nào dịch sao vậy mn?